June 16 – August 14, 1983
Maltwood Art Museum and Gallery
Exhibition of regional arts, furniture, pottery and weaving by prominent artists including Mungo Martin, Wayne Ngan, Peter Cotton and Herbert Siebner.
The majority of art works featured in this exhibition are drawn from the Fitzgerald Collection, recently acquired by the Maltwood. Originally, this impressive collection of West Coast hand crafts was acquired during the 1950s and 60s by Bessie Fitzgerald, the former proprietor of the Quest chain of handicraft shops in Victoria, Vancouver, Banff, and Calgary. Fitzgerald was among the first to support and actively promote the decorative arts in Western Canada.
- 20 Years of Fine Furniture (2007)
- Cascadia: Studio Furniture from Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska (2007)
- Explorations in Wood (2004)
- They Don’t Make Them Like They Used To (2003)
- Explorations in Wood (1996)
- Explorations in Wood (1990)
- Furniture from the Maltwood Collection (1987)
- 400 Years of Furniture from the Maltwood Collection (1984)
- The Cabinet Maker/Designer: An Exhibition (1982)