April 5 – May 8, 1994
Maltwood Art Museum and Gallery
This exhibition displays recent acquisitions to the University of Victoria Art Collections and is also a show of appreciation to all those who have donated to the collection.
The collections of the Maltwood Art Museum and Gallery originated in the Victoria College educational art collection started in 1953 by college principal, Dr. W.H. Hickman and the generous international find and decorative arts bequest of John and Katherine Maltwood in 1964. Since that time the holdings have grown to over 10,000 items representing western Canadian art, European and Oriental decorative arts, prints and drawings, and ethnographic arts of the Pacific Rim. The University collections provide an instructional resource for faculty and students at UVic but are also accessible to the general public through our exhibition programs on campus.